By thisStudent Loan Scheme, financial assistance is provided to the needy and meritorious students who have financial constraints for seeking their studies in Scientific, Technical and Professional education within Pakistan.
This Scheme is being administered by of Governor, State Bank of Pakistan, Presidents of the commercial banks and representative of Ministry of Finance, Government of Pakistan.
• Under the scheme the students are eligible to apply for loans provided:
|For Graduation||Not exceeding 21 Years|
|For Post-Graduation||Not exceeding 31 Years|
|For Ph.D||Not exceeding 36 Years|
The loan facility will be available for entire duration of the study for:-
Paid directly to the
|Boarding expenses excluding meal charges|
|Procurement of textbooks— Disbursed directly to the student|
REPAYMENT OF LOAN:
|i) Engineering||ii) Electronics|
|iii) Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology||iv) Agriculture|
|v) Medicine||vi) Physics|
|vii) Chemistry||viii) Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics|
|ix) Mathematics||x) Other Natural Sciences|
|xi) DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)||xii) Computer Science/Information
System and Technology including hardware.
|xiii) Economics, Statistics and Econometrics||xiv) Business Management Sciences|
Application Form will not be entertained if the same is not properly & duly filled in and found missing therewith the following documents.
i) Three Photographs of Student attested by not below the rank of BPS-17.
ii) Attested photocopies of Fee Challan raised/demanded by the Educational Institution and Boarding expenses (excluding meal charges).
a) Income certificate from the employer i.e. Government/semi Government/ Private service
b) Income Certificate from the area counselor of the Union Counsel i.e. for self employed
iii) Attested photocopies of: -
b) Computerized N.I. Card.
iv) Attested photocopies of all educational certificates
a) Secondary School Certificate
b) Higher Secondary Certificate
d) Marks Sheet/Transcript (Last Examination)
v) A certificate (in original) from the Vice Chancellor/ Principal/Registrar of the concerned University Letter Head confirming date of admission and completion date of study. vi) Four un-stamped self-addressed envelope (5 X 11).
- Application Forms are available from the designated branches mentioned above or may be downloaded from National Bank of Pakistan website www.nbp.com.pk/studentloan
- The students desirous of availing loan under the Scheme may apply on prescribed form for financial assistance subject to he or she has got admission on merit through normal procedure in the Universities/ Colleges afore-mentioned.
- Applicants are required to submit their applications on the prescribed form, duly completed in all respect, to the designated branches indicated against each University/College by the given date.
- Application shall be considered on merit according to the availability of funds. Any application which is not made on the prescribed form or is un-signed or does not contain the required particulars and documents or reaches late will not be entertained.
- Students who have availed this facility in the last / previous year(s) need not to apply.
ONLY SUCH APPLICATION RECEIVED BY THE DESIGNATED BRANCHES ON OR BEFORE 27TH FEBRUARY 2010 SHALL BE ENTERTEINED. LOAN FACILITY IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILIBITY OF FUNDS
Mr. Shamim Iqbal, Vice President,
Students Loan Wing,
Credit Management Group
National Bank of Pakistan,
Head Office, Karachi
Telephone No. and 99212100- Ext.2637.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
|1.||Application forms will be available at above mentioned designated branches from:
||24th December 2009|
|2.||Last date of Application form submission at designated branches on:
||27th February 2010|
|3.||Designated branches will be dispatched all received application form from Students to Students Loan Scheme Wing, Head Office, Karachi on:
||15th March 2010|
|4.||Processing period of scrutiny of application form:||16th March to 30th June 2010|
|5.||Expected date of Apex Committee Meeting for approval of cases:
||25th August 2010|
|6.||Final list of eligible students will be display on National Bank websitewww.nbp.com.pk/studentloan :
|7.|| Dispatch of sanctioned advice to the following:
|8.||Successful students are requested to complete the legal formalities at designated branches within 45 days from the date of receipt of sanctioned advice.|
Our Random Articles
- Pakistan Cadet School and College Murre Admissions 2015
- INDUS University Admissions Open 2015
- PEOPLES University of Medical and Health Sciences for Women
- Pakistan Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management
- Commenwealth General Sholarship Program 2014